Thursday, June 10, 2010

self fulfilling prophecy

My 3 day fast is going very well. I am taking my vitamins, (thanks for the helpfull reminders guys!).

Anywho, I think I have just realized something very profound about my self. Its that whole thing having to do with the idea of the self fulfilling prophecy. All this time, in my journey twords "skinny-ness", i've noticed that there's always been a voice in the back of my head that always manged to foil my plans. Like my recent episodes of binging for example. If I think to myself, "Well you might as well eat everything, your never going to be good enough anyway", then that's exactly whats going to happen!

If I say to myself instead: "that as long I restrict and exercise to the best of my ability, everything's going to be okay"-then mabe, just maybe, it might happen as well? hmmm...It makes sense to me..:P Or maybe im talking wubbish cuz this fast is getting to me? lol..

anywhoo, you all have nice lovely days! <3

5 comments:

  1. Yay, go you! Glad that your positive thinking is paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booyeah! Slay that nasty voice with a shining sword of positivity! (Or is it a shiny spork? I'm not sure) Every time something whispers "You don't deserve to be thin" to me, I try to remember to reply "Fuck YES I do!"

    Have an awesome rest-of-your-fast, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what I do when that little voice goes.. Why not down that whole pack of cookies? Your always going to be fat cow?
    Another voice goes: But why eat the cookies? Why eat the cookies when I don't need to. I know I have control somewhere in there. I know I have the ability to pass out on them. So why not exercise my skills? Exercising control is fun!
    And just like that I don't eat :) It's worked for me.

    Keep up the good work! Your gonna be so much skinnier after this fast!

    xoxo
    Vanilla finnegan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes perfect sense. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never thought of "talking back" to the "voice" (that makes me sound so crazy lol) telling me to binge. Never. But it's so obvious. I'll try it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete